Few things are as difficult as seeing your child struggle emotionally or behaviorally. Whether issues have come up recently or have been lingering for years, the decision of taking your loved one to a therapist is not an easy one to make. My person-centered modality allows connection and trust to build in a gentle, natural manner in a safe place.
I am trained to pick up on nonverbal symbols and metaphors that are often expressed through art and the creative process, concepts that are usually difficult to express with words. Though Art Therapy is my specialty, I also conduct services via Talk Therapy if a client wishes.
Frequent issues I have addressed with youth and families include:
- Depression/mood disorders
- Anxiety and related behavioral difficulties
- Trauma recovery
- Social skills deficits
- Adjustment to life transitions/chronic illness
- Unhealthy coping such as self-harm and occasional substance use
- Support through grief and loss
- Building self-esteem and fostering personal growth
- Adjustment to new disabilities such as hearing loss
I also offer counseling services in American Sign Language (ASL), Italian and Gujarati.
Free initial consultation
I wholeheartedly believe that the relationship between client and therapist is the most healing aspect in psychotherapy, thus I offer a 40-minute complimentary initial consultation so we can mutually decide if we are a good fit. Please know that all communication is confidential.
Check out the following links to my directory profile: